Wednesday 25 April 2012

Life is Bliss!

Another week has flown by and I have been working away at my Bliss Fairy.  I love her so much. I'm just really enjoying her - sometimes you really connect with a project and this is one of them.  I am quite surprised really because I have always found her beautiful but I never had her on my "to do" list. She just quietly called to me and I listened to her little whisper. 

Let me say, I am surprised at how large she is.  I always thought of her as a little fairy - but she is quite big.  With that said, she is a smooth and easy stitch - well after confetti hair - she is a smooth and easy stitch.  I have had a few comments on her big ole feet - but having size 10 feet makes me appreciate this big footed fairy. 



Once again a shout out to Crafty Kitten  for this Summer Sky 28 count Jazlyn.  Its much more baby blue/sky blue than my photo shows. 

And where is Cleo you ask.... I haven't finished her! I know - isn't that shameful!?! I put in another 2 sittings of beading over the weekend - about 2 hours and I'm not done! Its crazy how much beading this mermaid has.  I really could finish it probably in one more sitting but seeing as I'm so loving Bliss right now its hard to turn to another project.  That is why I must stay a disciplined diva and finish all projects before a new start.

On a non stitching note, things are going ok with the moving plans. I talked to my boss and it looks like I can get a transfer - huge relief! Also my husband got a great lead on a job and I think we will know within two weeks if that is accepted.  Now we just need the house to sell.  There has only been two showings. Its seems the market is cold right now.  We just have to wait it out for awhile because there isn't much else we can do.  We have discussed dropping the price, but where there is no one out buying its kind of shooting yourself in the foot - it is priced right - we just need to hold out and be more patient!

Thanks to everyone who reads this blog and comments - it is a true source of happiness for me!

3 comments:

  1. She really looks stunning! I never noticed those big feet until someone mentioned them on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! So much done since last time. She's looking beautiful :)

    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bliss is beautiful. Another Mirabilia on my to-stitch list. I think her feet only looks big now because it's not finished. Looking at the design on the whole, she looks fine :)

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete