Friday 17 August 2012

Oh where, oh where has my little blog gone?

Oh where have I been these days? I just got back to work this week from a staycation. It was nice to have a week off with the family. It was very hot and dry -a perfect week to take off. We spent a lot of time in the yard. I did some reading and some stitching.

I primarily worked on Dressmaker's Daughter by Mirabilia. I did do a bit of stitching on Rhythm too - but she's lost her mojo... which is a shame really because I only have about 10 rows left in her wings and beads to do. I don't even have a picture for you... bad bad blogger.

However, I do have some wip photos of DMD.



Not too exciting, but it shows you where I am. It is a lot of solid stitching.  The blue wavy lines are Waterlilies and my first time using them. I really like using them!

I am itching for a new start though - I have the Red Lady Pirate calling to me!

I also wanted to show you a little stash I got a few weeks ago:


These are 10 Letter's by Nora patterns. I picked them up for $1 each!!!!!!! I know, I know I couldn't help myself. I found a LNS on line that was shut down and clearing out and she was selling these for $1 each - I emailed her and said I will take 1 of everyone you have left.

**OH MY! I noticed I have more than 50 followers! Thank you so so much for reading my stitchy thoughts! I am going to have a give away to celebrate! Stay tuned!

CONDOLENCES:

I wanted to take a moment to express my condolences to the family of Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum, especially her daughters which includes Nora.  Marilyn was a very talented artist and her legacy will live on through her designs for Lavender and Lace, Told in a Garden and Butternut Road.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful progress, and what a steal on the stash!

    ReplyDelete