Wednesday 5 March 2014

March Madness!

Well February kinda flew didn't it? Good riddance. Where I live February is a messy cold dreary month - weather wise.

I have had lot of progress on various projects. My current rotation seems to be working well for me:

  • project at work to do at lunch hours - which is currently "Letters By Nora C"
  • project at home during the evenings and weekends - which is currently "Persephone"
  • project I work on as the patterns come in - which is "Frosty Forest" by Country Cottage Needleworks
  • project to work on with my Stitching Sista's - which is "Autumn Sampler" by Pam Kellogg (Bella project)
Here is an update on "Letter C"  or as I call it "Chelsea". Chelsea is my seven year old daughter.  When I suggested I could make this for her she was quite excited about it! She also chose the fabric, which is called High Noon by Sunny Dyes.  Interestingly enough this past week I had been doing some research on my kids and their Love Languages. Chelsea main love language is a split between Quality Time and Gifts.  I never really made the connection before but Chelsea most certainly shows love through giving gifts and getting gifts. That doesn't mean always cash value - Chelsea often will leave a note in my pocket that says she loves me or bring home a pretty rock that made her think of me.  I find this very interesting because she is so engaged in this project. She wants to see it, touch it and she asks how it is progressing.  To her, having me making her a gift really fills up her love bucket.  Fascinating! If you have never done the Love Language test I recommend you give it a try! 

Letters by Nora "C" or Cassandra 
Also, I am very excited and loving my Frosty Forest project. The patterns are being released on a monthly basis.  Although the fourth one was just released I only have the three at this time and I am caught up to date. This is a fun, cute project.  I am really trying to branch out in my stitching this year and I'm very glad I started this one up.  This project is stitched on Foggy Morning by Crafty Kitten in 32 opal linen. I can't wait to get the next pattern that is on it's way from Colours By Lalena! The designs are a blend of DMC and usually one or two colours of specialty threads which create a nice variegated effect and an adorable button by Just Another Button Company. 

Frosty Forest by Country Cottage Needleworks

Finally, an update on Persephone. Wow - this one is something special. I am so proud of my work on this. I finally finished the background on the top.  I still need to work on the hair, but is has so many colour changes I made a bargain with myself that I will add on colour every time I sit down to work on her and allow myself to work on other sections as I go along.  The variegated silks are Caron Waterlilies and by far one of my favorite things to work with. I am very pleased so far with my fabric choice, which is Dusky Apricot 32 murano by Crafty Kitten.


So I thought this would be a good time to review my 2014 Wish list and see how I'm doing for pace....
Green is in progress, Yellow is still intend to do it, Red is off the table for now....

Top 10 Stitchy wish list for 2014....

1. The Frosty Forest 
2. A 5 person Mirabilia Round Robin with Friends
3. Autumn Seasonal Fairy ** COMPLETED
4. Summer Seasonal Fairy
4. One large new Mira not yet started **Persephone
5. One small Nora Corbett not yet started 
6. Finish my existing 3 patterns (Azure, June's Pearl, Charlotte)
7. At least one Littlehouse Needleworks or other pattern
8. Letter's by Nora "C" for Chelsea
9. Letter's by Nora "K" for Kailee (waiting for Mermaid version to be released)
10. Any new start I want when I feel like it! 

To this list I will add - I want to add an Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks (AAN) pattern for this year. I have ordered a pattern called Arabesco.

As for number 10... well I have decided to really branch out when I fell in love with Rosewood Manor's Autumn Quaker. I ordered the pattern and threads from Lalena and I even started a facebook SAL for it.  Feel free to join us on Facebook! I can't wait to work with the valdani's!!!



2 comments: